It is a plugin with dynamic calculation and can be used in forms for easy calculation. It is helpful when your website needs to add one or more calculated fields, date calculators, booking cost calculators, finance calculators, fitness calculators, weight calculators, calorie calculators quote calculators, predefined forms templates and many more.
Features of Calculated Field Form
It has many features that help you build the dynamically calculated forms in your web pages and they are as follows:
- Visual form builder with form formatting options
- You can add any number of calculated fields
- Easy and visual calculator interface
- The calculator supports both easy and advanced operators like ternary and common Math functions
- Multiple field types are supported
- Can calculate dates
- Create and manage multiple calculated forms
- Clone a form
- Pre-built five sample forms are included
- Multi pages forms supported
- Conditional rules supported. Useful for creating wizards
- Can create Intuitive and interactive form builder interface
- Predefined forms templates
Now we can see how you can download the plugin and how it works on your forms. You can download the plugin from WordPress and activate the plugin. To open the Calculated Fields form, select the Settings and click Calculated Fields Form from the lists that is displayed.
The Calculated Fields Form is opened now. You can see the five pre-built sample forms and they are:
- Simple Calculator Operations
- Calculation with Dates (helps in hotel bookings with check-in and check-out dates)
- Ideal Weight Calculator
- Lease Calculator
- Pregnancy Calculator
The options that are available on the Forms are.
- Update – can change and Update the settings of the form
- Settings – has the settings of the form
- Messages – not available in the free version of the plugin
- Clone – can create a copy of the same form with different id
- Delete – Deletes the form
You can either Clone the form which will have the saved copy of the pre-built form, or change their setting using the Settings button and click Update or you can add a new form. We can see how both works in the next few sections.
Cloning a Form
When you Clone a Form, the cloned copy of the form appears with the saved setting of the form with new id number. You can now change and update your setting as and how you need it to appear on the form. In the below image, I have cloned the Simple Operation Form to show how the cloned form will appear on the form list.
Adding a New Form
If you want to add the new form, you can add it in the New Form tab, by giving a name to the form and click Add button. You can design your form by adding the settings that you need.
Implementing pre-built Forms
Now, let us see few pre-built and new forms and how it works and how it is implemented in your web pages.
To use the form in your webpages, you simply have to enter the short code for the form that has the unique Id number. I have used the short code for the simple operation form in my sample form, and the output is shown like the below image.
This pre-built form has the sum of two numbers and sum of the selected fields. It automatically changes the result number even if you change one number in the text box. You can make small changes and can use this form where you need to find the total of the selected items like shopping cart calculation.
Next is the Calculation with Dates form, which has the date selection option and can be used to calculate hotel bookings, car rental, bus rental, etc.
Creating Your Form
Add the form by naming the it and clicking the Add button. The form will be created with a unique Id. Now select the Settings of the Form.
There are three tabs in the Form setting page like
- Add a Field
- Field Settings
- Form Settings
Add a Field
You can add the form controls like button, Checkboxes, Radio buttons, currency, Single line text, password field, phone field, and many more. These are placed on the form to perform some actions when clicked or some value is entered on the text field. It also has container controls like Fieldset and Div which can be used on the forms.
This is the place where you edit the Form controls buttons. You can change the label name, set the field size, minimum and maximum number of characters to be entered, whether to set if the field is Required (field cannot be empty without the values) or not, predefined value, and some instructions to be given to the user.
It has the settings of the forms like name of the form, description, how you want to display the label of the controls on the form, Enable auto completion checkbox and dynamically evaluate the equations associated to the calculated fields check box and form template. You can select the template from the list that is displayed in the drop down list.
Now we are going to create a form that has to calculate and display the cube root of the entered number. So we are changing the setting of the field name, and other settings. You can see the difference with the default setting of the page and the edited page in the below image.
After all the editing, the form is completed and I have added the form to my post using the short code of the form.
There are two other versions available for in this plugin and they have other added features that are listed below
- Form data submission and data is stored on the database for review.
- Can send email notification on data submission, to both users and the form editor.
- PayPal payment configuration
- Can export and import the forms between different WordPress
- Can display the submitted data in the thanks page
- Includes a dashboard widget to display the submissions of the last week
- Can store the forms in cache for rendering speed
- Has both the features of free and premium version
- Got new controls that can get information from different datasources (CSV file, database, Taxonomies, Post, and users data)
- Includes financial operations, date and time management and the distance operation, that integrates with “Google Maps” to get the distance between two addresses
- Can save submitted data in an external database
- Has an add-on to integrate the forms with the WooCommerce products and SalesForce service.
- Includes an add-on to post the submitted information by the forms to WebHooks URLs, which allows in integrating the forms with services like Zapier. The Zapier service connects services as important and popular as Dropbox, Evernote, Twitter, Zoho CRM, Google drive, Mailchimp, Facebook, and more than 300 services.
- Has an add-on to integrate the forms with Google reCAPTCHA
Calculated fields Form plugin is a great choice, if you want to build your forms with auto calculating fields. Its feature like adding PayPal payments, email notification, captcha, distance operation with Google maps and many more can be implemented easily and can develop you form in your way. As there are many features available on the free and pro versions, it makes the best choice of plugins from the rest.